Athletics New Zealand has announced the initial selections for the team that will travel to Barcelona, Spain to compete at the 2012 IAAF World Junior Championships in July.
12 athletes have been initially named in the team that will be led by Terry Lomax.
The team is as follows:
• Kodi Harman (Waikato BOP) – 100m & 200m
• Andrew Whyte (Otago) – 400m
• Brad Mathas (Manawatu Wanganui) – 800m
• Julian Oakley (Waikato BOP) – 800m & 1500m
• Jacko Gill (Auckland) – Shot Put
• Rebekah Greene (Otago) – 1500m & 3000m
• Kerry Charlesworth (Auckland) – Pole Vault
• Julia Ratcliffe (Waikato BOP) – Hammer
• Siositina Hakeai (Auckland) – Discus
• Leesa Lealaisalanoa (Auckland) – Discus
• Merewarihi Vaka (Auckland) - Discus
• Portia Bing (Auckland) – Heptathlon
Three athletes have been named in the Women’s Discus in the knowledge that only two will be able to compete at the championships. This decision will be made following the athletes participation in pre-championship events in Europe.
The final selections will be made on the 25th June 2012
The World Junior Championships will be held from the 10th to the 15th July 2012
Clashes involving dozens of Olympic gold medallists...
“Come on guys: stretch, extend your toes!”...
Nine gold medallists from the 2012 London...
Tirunesh Dibaba, in many people’s eyes the...
“Hi friends. It’s been a really busy...